SEW ARTISTIC! - RECYCLED DENIM ARTIST ACCESSORIES KIT -
MON-THURS AUG 7th-10th 1pm-4pm
$206 includes all supplies!
MON 8/7 - SEWING INTRO, IMPROV PATCHING FABRICS TO WHOLECLOTH and DECORATE!
TUES 8/8 - DENIM APRON & BRUSHKIT
WEDS 8/9 - PORTFOLIO & ZIP POUCH
THURS 8/10 - NOTEBOOK COVER & BERET
Got denim to donate!? Start saving it for us!
Class starts with a community sewing circle, cutting up our donated denim into sewable chunks in a communal pile of various hues! We review machine operation and then construct a yard of new denim patchwork using improvisational patchwork techniques, and use our right brain to brainstorm our doodles and decorate our fabric using colorful squeeze paint! Tuesday through Thursday we will construct our pattern options of apron and brush case, zipper pencil pouch and portfolio kit, and beret and sketchbook cover into an ensemble as unique as you, using professional looking finishing touches with inverted construction and cotton muslin for backing!
YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN AND IMPLEMENT THESE AMAZING SKILLS IN COMPLETING THESE CREATIVE UTILITARIAN SEWING PROJECTS!
Sewing machine operation, improvisational patchwork, doodling, cutting patterns, measuring, sewing corners and curves, sewing against the grain, inverted construction, tuck folded corners, hand sewing ladder stitching, pompom making, zipper installation, sewing lined objects
SEW ARTISTIC! - RECYCLED DENIM ARTIST ACCESSORIES KIT - 8/7-8/10 1-4pm
- Madam Chino is taking all possible precautions for COVID-19 safety: masks, assigned separate tools and workstations 6ft apart, air purifiers, hand sanitizing and washing of tools and materials between sessions, to prevent the spread of COVID and variants.
- Drop-off is between 12:45 and 1pm and pick-up is between 4pm and 4:15pm at the front doors of 6301 W. Lincoln Ave. Please text Vanessa at 414-303-1981 if there are any trouble or changes! Any late students must ring the doorbell as the classroom is in the lower level. Students will be brought to the front door for pick ups at 4pm!
- We love to document our process and product and your child as a participant will likely be captured in photos! Please let us know if you are not comfortable with your childs photo being taken or used in any social media illustration of the camps!
- EARLY ENROLLMENT is 10% OFF until MARCH 15th! Please use the code "SEWINGSKOOL" at check out to receive the camps at $186
- Camps will require at least 4 participants to run, but no more than 6! Please tell your friends how awesome these summer camps are! Madam Chino has been running community art ed and sewing programs in the community for 20 years, and I GUARANTEE IT!
- These camps are design for students 3rd-8th grade or 8ish-13ish years old! If your child is going into 3rd grade in September, they are eligible. If your child is older than 13 but still wants to join, they are also welcome!
- Sewing experience is not required for any of the classes, we will teach your child to sew and construct beautiful objects!
- Please send your child with water and a snack. Each student will have a cubby cube under their tables for the duration of the camp. We will take a 15 minute snack break every day.
- Once you sign up, you will be emailed a confirmation before the camp with more details.