UPCYCLED TOWEL & BEDSHEET SELF-CARE KITS!
MON-THURS JULY 24th-27th 1-4pm
$206 - Includes all tools and extra supplies, however please bring your own Towels and Twin Bedsheet to reuse/upcycle! (twin bedsheet and 4 gently used towels as liners) A limited selection of vintage fabrics will be available to purchase and clean, gently used sheets to use up for free.
- MON 7/24 - SEWING INTRO & BRUSH KIT
- TUES 7/25 - SHOWER CAP & HAIR DRYING WRAP
- WED 7/26 - DOPP KIT or DUFFLE BAG
- THURS 7/27 - YOGA MAT BACKPACK
- OTHER FUN STUFF: TISSUE COVER, RICE EYE PILLOW PACK, JEWELRY CADDY, SCRUNCHIES, HAIR BANDS
Take some time making items to CARE for yourself and the environment by repurposing your gently used towels and bedsheets in a session camp that puts them to use into beautiful items that care for YOU!
YOUR CHILD WILL GAIN AND PRACTICE THESE AMAZING USEFUL HANDS-ON CONCEPTS AND SKILLS!
DUFFLE BAG / SHOWER CAP
pattern cutting, applied and piped elastic, zippers, sewing circumferences, ladder stitching, inverted construction, flipping straps, and sergers!
DOPP KIT / BRUSH KIT
pattern cutting, inverted construction, zippers, lined objects, ladder stitching, tuck folded pockets, flipping narrow hems
pattern cutting, inverted construction, drawstring, flipping narrow hems, piping
ALT PROJS: JEWELRY CADDY / EYE PILLOW / BODY MITT
pattern cutting, inverted construction, tuck folded pockets, top stitching, ladderstitching.
SELF-CARE SEW - UPCYCLED TOWEL & BEDSHEET SELF CARE KITS - 7/24-7/27
- Madam Chino is taking all possible precautions for COVID-19 safety: masks, assigned separate tools and workstations 6ft apart, air purifiers, hand sanitizing and washing of tools and materials between sessions, to prevent the spread of COVID and variants.
- Drop-off is between 12:45 and 1pm and pick-up is between 4pm and 4:15pm at the front doors of 6301 W. Lincoln Ave. Please text Vanessa at 414-303-1981 if there are any trouble or changes! Any late students must ring the doorbell as the classroom is in the lower level. Students will be brought to the front door for pick ups at 4pm!
- We love to document our process and product and your child as a participant will likely be captured in photos! Please let us know if you are not comfortable with your childs photo being taken or used in any social media illustration of the camps!
- EARLY ENROLLMENT is 10% OFF until MARCH 15th! Please use the code "SEWINGSKOOL" at check out to receive the camps at $186
- Camps will require at least 4 participants to run, but no more than 6! Please tell your friends how awesome these summer camps are! Madam Chino has been running community art ed and sewing programs in the community for 20 years, and I GUARANTEE IT!
- These camps are design for students 3rd-8th grade or 8ish-13ish years old! If your child is going into 3rd grade in September, they are eligible. If your child is older than 13 but still wants to join, they are also welcome!
- Sewing experience is not required for any of the classes, we will teach your child to sew and construct beautiful objects!
- Please send your child with water and a snack. Each student will have a cubby cube under their tables for the duration of the camp. We will take a 15 minute snack break every day.
- Once you sign up, you will be emailed a confirmation before the camp with more details.